Ingredients: organic apple cider vinegar
- Certified organic ingredients.
- No additives
- No preservatives
- Suitable for VEGAN.
Directions to use: Tastes great as a salad dressing. Traditionally used as a folk remedy; mix one or two teaspoons in half a glass of water and drink as a daily tonic.
Appleby’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegars:
Appleby’s apple cider vinegars are never heated, only naturally fermented, by means of vinegar bacteria and oxygenation, at temperatures of around 25 degrees Celsius, to preserve natural enzymes and flavouring agents. Unpasteurised vinegar contains live bacteria (completely harmless) and has probiotic powers.
Over time you may notice white, wispy strands developing in the vinegar. These are known as the ‘mother’and does not mean the vinegar is going bad, rather that it’s “alive”. Mother of vinegar is a slimy membrane composed of a natural carbohydrate and bacterial cells that develop in alcoholic liquids undergoing fermentation. It is added to wine or cider as a starter culture to produce vinegar.
It is exactly because it looks a bit unsightly that manufacturers began to pasteurize vinegar to produce a perfectly clear liquid, which unfortunately is completely devoid of any nutrients. Appleby’s is never pasteurised, so you can be sure it contains the mother, though it may not be noticeable at first. The only difference between the Cloudy and Clear variants is that the former is unfiltered and retains its natural cloudiness.
While apple cider vinegar (ACV) is touted as a panacea for just about every ill, from arthritis to cancer, most of the “evidence”remains anecdotal. Nevertheless, apple cider vinegar is a versatile folk remedy and no home should be without a bottle of the organic, unpasteurised stuff.
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar may be used to:
• Balance the digestive system – one tablespoon in a glass of water before meals helps to reduce gas and fixes heartburn
• Soothe a sore throat – mix one teaspoon ACV, one teaspoon cayenne pepper and three teaspoons of raw honey in a glass of warm water and drink
• Balance pH levels – helps restore alkalinity in the body
• Keep blood sugar levels in check – studies show that apple cider vinegar can help with diabetes and blood sugar regulation by improving insulin sensitivity to high-carbohydrate meals
• To remove dandruff, soothe sunburn, whiten teeth, counter bad breath, deal with fleas on pets, and as a all-purpose household cleaner.
• It is also an essential ingredient that adds zest to vinaigrettes and sauces.
• For a refreshing, restorative drink stir 1 teaspoon each of ACV and raw honey, plus a pinch of Himalayan salt, into a glass of water.