Ingredients: pure powdered Artemisia afra (African Wormwood)
Directions to use: Adults: 1-2 capsules twice a day
Note: Confirm the dosage with your health practitioner.
More about Artemisia Afra:
- Lengana is a profound African traditional herb. It is one of the oldest and best known medicinal plants, and is still used effectively today in South Africa by people of all cultures.
- Artemisia Afra is a highly aromatic plant known as Wormwood or Sagewood (English), Wildeals (Afrikaans), Lengana (Sotho).
- Lengana is widely used in traditional medicine to treat coughs, colds and influenza, fever, loss of appetite, colic, headache, earache, malaria fever and intestinal worms amongst others.
- Lengana has also been used in natural insecticide sprays and as a moth repellent.
- The roots, stems and leaves are used in many different ways and taken as enemas, poultices, infusions, body washes, lotions, smoked, snuffed or drunk as a tea.
- Artemisia Afra has a very bitter taste.