Ingredients: Buckwheat, dehulled
Country of origin: Canada
Directions to use: Pour the desired amount of fresh, raw buckwheat into a strainer, rinse well under cool running water. Once rinsed empty the buckwheat from the strainer into a pot with water (for every one part of buckwheat add 2 cups of water). Bring to boil, then reduce the temperature and allow the buckwheat to simmer for 15 to 30 minutes or until it is tender. Stir occasionally.
More about Buckwheat:
Buckwheat is considered to be a fruit seed and can be eaten raw or cooked and enjoyed as a starch replacement.
Commonly used for gluten free breads or crackers, buckwheat can also be used for pastry or pancake dishes that call for no gluten or as a healthy breakfast porridge.
- High in Manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidant.
- Rich in Phosphorous that detoxes the body and maintains bone and dental health.
- High in Copper which increases Iron absorption.
- Rich in Magnesium which is crucial for many functions within the body, with over 300 bio-chemical reactions depending on the mineral.
- High in B vitamins which is essential for maintaining energy levels throughout the day.