Ingredients: 100% Ginger Essential oil (Zingiber officinale)
Country of origin: China
Directions for use: Place 1-2 drops into 50-100ml carrier oil. Mix well and gently massage into skin.
More about Ginger and Ginger Essential Oil:
Ginger Essential Oil or Ginger Root Oil is derived from the root of the Zingiber officinale herb, better known as Ginger, which is named after the Greek word “zingiberis” meaning “horn-shaped.” This flowering perennial belongs to the plant family that includes Turmeric and Cardamom and is native to the south of China; however, its growth has spread to other parts of Asia, India, West Africa, Europe, and the Caribbean.
Many generations have used Ginger root for its ability to soothe inflammation, fevers, colds, respiratory discomforts, nausea, menstrual complaints, upset stomachs, arthritis, and rheumatism.
Ginger has also traditionally been used as an anti-microbial food preservative that prevents the growth of harmful bacteria, as a spice in foods and to help with digestive issues.
In Ayurvedic medicine Ginger Oil is recommended for treating nervousness, sadness, low self-confidence, and a lack of enthusiasm.
The health benefits of Ginger Oil are the same as that of the plant from which it originates, with the oil even being considered to be more beneficial due to its higher Gingerol content, a constituent that is highly regarded for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
With a warm, sweet, woody, and spicy scent that has an energizing effect, especially when used in aromatherapy, Ginger Oil has earned the nickname “The Oil of Empowerment” for the feeling of confidence that it is known to inspire.
Benefits of Ginger Essential oil:
- Eases nausea, menstrual discomfort, upset stomach, anxiety, muscle soreness, and joint pain
- Even out skin tone and enhance skin elasticity
- Have a warming and stimulating effect on the skin and mind
- Exhibit anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties
- Display tonic, laxative, digestive, and anti-spasmodic activity
- Reduce or eliminate mucus from the respiratory tract to soothe irritation and congestion
- Promote easier breathing by opening up airways and diminishing inflammation
- Reduce symptoms of colds, flu, and fever
- Enhance libido by arousing sensuality, calmness, and confidence
- Replace negative emotions such as stress, fatigue, and sadness with enthusiastic energy
- Boost circulation and thereby stimulate the growth of stronger and healthier hair and skin
- Facilitate the fading of scars and cellulite
- Promote a smooth, clear, and radiant complexion
Ginger essential oil blends well with: Bay, Cajeput, Caraway, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Coriander, Elemi, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Lemon, Lime, Myrtle, Orange, Rosemary, and Spearmint