Ingredients: sunflower oil, cold-pressed, extra virgrin.
Country of origin: South Africa
Storage instructions: Store in a cool, dry place below 250C.
Absorption: Sunflower oil absorbs easily into skin.
Benefits of cold-pressed, extra virgin, high oleic Sunflower oil:
High Oleic Sunflower oil is known to have the highest amount of Oleic (monounsaturated) acid of all plant oils, with about 85% oleic acid. It is rich in vitamin E, and low in saturated fat.
High Oleic Sunflower oil possesses much longer shelf life than regular Sunflower oil as the natural antioxidants help to prevent rancidity.
It is commonly used as a frying oil for food preparation, in cosmetic formulations as an emollient, and in nutritional supplements.
Oleic acid is an omega 9 fatty acid with many health benefits :
• to boost memory power
• to improve the heart and circulatory system and reduce clogging and hardening of arteries
• to reduce inflammation of joints and other complications related to arthritis
• known to help relieve symptoms of asthma.
High Oleic Cold-Pressed, extra virgin, Sunflower oils with its bouquet of live nutrients is:
• great moisturizer for skin and hair, especially on dry scalp and hair and mature, dry, cracked or damaged skin, as well on allergy prone skin.
• very useful on infants in preventing diaper rash and skin infections
• helps to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy and scars when used as massage oil
• great to use on sunburn & sun damaged Skin
Did you know?
Excellent for cooking and beauty treatment, organic, cold-pressed Sunflower oil (and other edible oils like sesame or olive) has long been used as traditional remedy by swishing it around your mouth (similar to using mouth wash). The process is called “pulling”. Practice is very popular in India where local people swish their mouth daily with oils to prevent tooth decay, bad breath, dry throat and dry lips. Some of the old generation dentists do recommend oil pulling for fighting gingivitis and other teeth and gum diseases.
The way to do pulling is as follow: Every morning before breakfast take a big sip of cold-pressed Sunflower oil (or similar oil) and start swishing it around your mouth for at least 5 minutes. Spit it out and rinse your mouth after that. May be repeated anytime during the day.
Please, note the process is not intended to treat any medical condition.