Ingredients: certified organic Arjuna Bark Powder (Terminalia arjuna)
Directions to use: Half spoon (1 – 3g) of Arjuna powder into boiled water can be taken once a day like your regular cup of tea or added to a smoothie. Another way to include it in your diet is by boiling the powder with equal portions of milk and water on low heat till the water evaporates. Or mix Arjuna Powder and Manjistha powder along with honey, apply on skin and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water.
Country of origin: India
Arjuna is a deciduous tree (about 20-25m height), abundantly found in India, Ceylon, Myanmar and Sri Lanka. Research shows it contains the following beneficial components: tannins, triterpenoid saponins (arjunic acid, arjunolic acid, arjungenin, arjunglycosides), flavonoids (arjunone, arjunolone, luteolin), gallic acid, ellagic acid, oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), phytosterols (b-sitosterol), calcium, magnesium, zinc and copper.
Arjina health application include:
- in fractures and osteoporotic changes in the bones as it promotes healing
- forskin rashes (Urticaria) and acne
- as cardiac stimulant – to strengthens the heart muscles and maintains the heart functioning properly
- help reverse hardening of the arteries
- assist with recovering from heart attack and reducing the chance of further attacks
- help lower cholesterol
- assists with hypertension due to its hypo-lipidemic activity and also the diuretic property
- astringent & haemostatic
- as a paste it is used to be applied over eyelids in conjunctivitis
- useful to treat tuberculous cough and in haemoptysis
- general tonic and has antipyretic properties.