Ingredients: 100% pure, organic, raw, Chia seeds.
Country of origin: Mexico.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Directions to use: The taste of Chia is very mild and pleasant and can be easily combined with other foods without changing the taste dramatically. Chai can be added to recipes to provide more bulk and nutritional density. The most common way to eat Chai is to first soak the seeds. They rapidly absorb a large amount of liquid, between 9-12 times their volume, in under 10 minutes. Chia can be used as a gel or in its whole seed form. Add it to smoothies, mix it with salad dressings, puddings or sauces, or simply eat it by the spoonful.
More about Chia Seeds:
The food that means strength in Mayan, offering a spectacular nutritional profile with thousands of years of history as a revered crop.
* Anti-inflammatory omega 3’s: Chia is one of the highest plant based omega-3 sources, outperforming even flax seed. The excellent ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 of 3:2 makes it a great anti-inflammatory food.
* Digestive soothing soluble fiber: The soluble fibre rich gel in Chia soothes the digestive system and slows the release of sugars into the blood stream stabilizing blood sugar levels.
* Chia is known as a dieters dream food as it bulks up meals with low calorie nutrient density without altering flavour.
* Endurance and fitness: Combination of essential fats, fibre and protein make Chia an excellent food for improving endurance and fitness. It also has the ability to help keep the body hydrated and electrolytes balanced.
* The potent antioxidants in Chia naturally preserve the sensitive omega-3 oils and provide anti-aging benefits.