Ingredients: Organic Corn, Water, Coconut oil, Salt, Lime.
Taste Profile: Full roasted corn flavour, lightly seasoned with a rich mouth feel & crispy texture.
About Santa Anna’s Corn Chips:
- Santa Anna’s was started out of necessity by a couple of environmentally, health conscious chefs who wanted to produce authentic Latin American food and could not find a supplier that matched their ethos – so they ended up becoming that supplier! They wanted to produce a product that is handmade, fried in ethically produced and healthy oil with as little additives as possible.
- They began experimenting by hand with organic maize from James Moffett of Kirklington Farm and grew from a few hundred tortillas a day to 10 000 a day currently.
- Their fresh masa (traditional corn dough) is ground on a volcanic stone grinder and all the chips are hand-cut and kettle fried.
- Santa Anna’s maize is grown on the farm Lowerland in partnership with Bertie Coetzee and is in its second year of organic conversion for certification being monitored by EcoCert.
- Santa Anna’s is committed to providing you with Latin American products that not only taste great but have a low impact on the environment and work in partnership with like-minded farmers to promote the natural and organic community in South Africa.