Ingredients: Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
Country of origin: India
Directions for use: Turmeric essential oil can be used in a diffuser (add 2-3 drops), for the skin (add 1-2 drops to face washes, skin lotions or face masks), and topically as a massage oil (5 drops of turmeric oil with 5 drops of carrier oil eg. coconut or jojoba oil).
Warning: Do not take internally. Keep away from children and the eyes. Do not use undiluted on the skin.
More about Turmeric essential oil:
Turmeric essential oil is derived from the turmeric root. It is a perennial herbaceous plant that is part of the same family as ginger. The turmeric plant has beautiful yellow flowers and the plant itself can grow up to three feet high. The root of the plant which is made into the essential oil is a bright orange colour covered in a layer of thin brown skin.
Turmeric essential oil has a bright deep yellow colour with a scent that is often described as sweet with a woody as well as spicy tints.
Health benefits of Turmeric essential oil:
- It has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties.
- It can be a strong relaxant as well as an overall balancer for the body.
- May help fight against colon cancer and prevent neurological diseases.
- May assist in reducing arthritis (active components have been found to possibly block inflammatory cytokines and enzymes).
- May help to boost skin health. It is often used for lightening the skin as it may aid in reducing facial hyperpigmentation as well as wrinkles and fine lines (use in diluted form).
- May improve mood and positive feelings (may help with anxiety and depression)
- May help to improve liver health.
Turmeric essential oil blends well with: Cinnamon, Ginger, Blood Orange, Ylang-Ylang, Cardamom, and Vanilla essential oils.