Savoury Gluten-Free Muffins Recipe:
Rushing in the morning is a quite common start of the day for most of us living in the big city. With a little planning and preparation, we can make sure breakfast is ready or made quickly and we can start the day with a healthy meal and avoid queuing at fast-food eateries.
These savoury gluten-free muffins are really easy to make, super delicious, and they are great as a grab-on-breakfast or a healthy snack during the day.
Make them the day or evening before. Can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
- 2-3 baby marrows (or 1 cup shredded baby marrows)
- 1 leek
- 6 pasture-raised eggs
- ½ cup of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup of Mooberry Farms Milk Kefir
- 1 tsp Aluminium Free Baking Powder
- 150g Mooberry Farms Feta Cheese
- 200g Mushrooms
- 300g Gluten-free Self-Raising Flour
- Chopped fresh dill (or other green herbs)
- Wash baby marrows, shred them and then squeeze the liquid out using a cheesecloth or by leaving them out on a paper towel for 15 minutes.
- Wash and cut the mushrooms and cook them until all of their liquid has evaporated.
- Wash and chop the leeks. Fry them with a bit of olive oil until they are soft and slightly brown.
- Mix all eggs in a mixer or blender.
- Add the olive oil into the egg mixture and blend/mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder with the milk kefir, and then add it to the eggs and olive oil mixture.
- Add the Gluten-free self-raising flour spoon by spoon until the mixture is thick enough. Extra flour can be added if necessary.
- Lastly add the shredded baby marrow, mushrooms, leeks, crumbled feta cheese, and fresh dill to the mixture. Using a wooden spoon mix everything well.
- Pour the batter into a silicone muffin tray (we used 2 trays with 6 muffins each) and bake at 180o Celsius for 35-40 minutes (or until golden brown on the outside).
Enjoy these light, savoury muffins with a fresh salad or a yogurt dip.
Perfect for lunch boxes or as a snack in gluten-free diet plans.
Suitable for vegetarians.