Organic Maca powder and capsules
It is the highest altitude food-herb grown in the world. The soils of these high plateaus are extremely rich in minerals which accounts for Maca’s amazing content of array of trace minerals and health benefits.
Maca is exposed to intense levels of sunlight and extreme cold weather conditions. Its ability to survive and thrive against all odds captures its character. It is extremely beneficial for people living in cold climates, at high altitudes and with extreme lifestyles.
There are 3 main types of Maca based on the different colour of the roots – yellow, black and red.
All types of Maca have similar health enhancing properties:
Benefits of Maca:
- Maca is packed with vitamins especially vitamins B1, B2, C and E. It is rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur and iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica. In fact, it has about 10% bio-available calcium and about 12-14% bio-available protein.
- It contains nearly 20 amino acids and seven essential amino acids.
- It is power-packed with life enhancing enzymes.
- Maca also contains nearly 60 phytochemicals.
- Dried maca powder contains 60% carbohydrates, 9% fiber, and slightly more than 10% protein. It has a higher lipid (fat) content than other root crops (2.2%).
- But most importantly – it is an adaptogen so it “adapts” to your body’s metabolism, working with your body for optimum results. It has the ability to balance and stabilize the body’s systems (cardiovascular system, nervous system, musculature, lymphatic system, etc.). As an adaptogen, Maca can provide more energy if it is needed, but if it is not, it will not overstimulate. Adaptogens also boost immunity and increase the body’s overall vitality by 10-15% according to most studies. Rather than addressing a specific symptom, adaptogens are used to improve the overall adaptability of the whole body to diverse and challenging situations and stress.
Including Maca to your regular diet will provide the following health benefits:
- Increased energy, endurance and strength
- Enhanced libido – Maca is considered a natural aphrodisiac
- Balanced hormones – Maca stimulates hormone levels by working on the pituitary gland.
- Immune system support
- Increased oxygen levels in the blood which improves brain function
- Improved memory and mental clarity
- Relief from menopausal symptoms – less fatigue, greater energy and relief from hot flushes and night sweats.
- Regulation of menstruation and period pain relief
- Enhanced fertility in both men and women
- Reduction of chronic fatigue
- Overall support of the endocrine system
- Elevated mood
- A youthful radiance – thanks to increased blood circulation in your skin
Maca Nutritional Information:
Maca is a nutrient powerhouse rich in amino acids, phytonutrients, fatty acids, vitamin and minerals:
- 59% carbohydrates – Maca is rich in quality carbs, which, combined with its alkaloids and other nutrients make it a great choice for sustained energy
- 10.2% protein – Maca is loaded with bio-available plant protein that is easy for the body to assimilate
- 8.5% fiber – Maca contains relatively high levels of cellulose and lignan, both of which stimulate intestinal function. Fiber is a key component to a healthy digestive and elimination system.
- Essential Amino Acids: Maca contains nearly all of them. These drive many cellular functions in the body including sexual and fertility functions
(data provided by NutritionData.com)
Yellow Maca is the most popular type of Yellow Maca is known for:
- ability to enhance fertility
- enhance the mood of both males and females
- helpful with dealing with menopause symptoms such as hot flashes
- balancing hormonal levels in the body.
- considered a natural Viagra because of its instant effect on the body in creating a long lasting libido
Red Maca is cultivated from either purple or red Maca bulbs. Red Maca has been proven to provide stronger benefits than Yellow and Black Maca:
- ability to balance hormones
- increasing libido
- boosting stamina and strength
- highest amount of amino acids which are the building blocks of protein in the body very helpful in handling stress and depression
Black Maca is usually harvested from the root of dark Maca vegetables. Its taste is somewhat similar to roasted soya beans and it is known to be:ü
- excellent superfood for men
- boosting fertility and enhancing sex drive
- ability to increase sperm count
- boosting digestion and general mood of an individual
- abilities to strengthen the immune system against common infections such as flu and cold
- enhance sleep qualities and reduce aches and pains
- considered the strongest energy booster.
How to use Maca:
The free flowing creamy powder melts in the mouth when eaten and has a unique pleasant flavour with a mild tangy taste. Its taste is similar to Horlicks. Use it in smoothies and drinks. It is also a great addition to desserts and sweet treats. Maca has an incredible synergistic effect when combined with raw cacao nibs or raw cacao powder.
1-8 teaspoons per day can be consumed. In toxicity studies conducted in the U.S., Maca showed absolutely no toxicity and no adverse pharmacologic effects.
Maca is also available in veg capsules which makes its use much easier and quicker.
All Maca products available at our online store are certified organic and capsules are filled with pure organic Maca powder, no fillers, no additives, no preservatives.