This notice serves to inform you about the types of information we collect and what it is used for.
Who we are:
Organic Bazaar CC t/a Organic Choice is an physical store and e-commerce retail and wholesale business specialising in organic and natural health products and services.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics and other personal data required for processing of transactions.
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one or more of the following reasons:
- Enquiries regarding products or services offered on our platform or in store
- Purchasing and shipping of products
- Marketing material
- Purchasing of services
- Supplier applications and agreements
- Wholesale agreements
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
- Hard copies are stored in filing cabinets with restricted access
- Digital records are stored in the cloud with restricted, password-protected access
We keep your information for five years. We will then dispose your information by method of destruction.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to Andria Grimzehl at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request Organic Choice to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Organic Choice will undertake as soon as possible.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Andria Grimsehl at email@example.com will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Organic Choice from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Name: Andria Grimsehl
Address: Cnr Lenchen Ave North & Embankment Road, Centurion Gauteng, South Africa
Phone Number: +27 12 663 1667
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaint’s email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
- The Organic Choice website is owned and operated by Organic Bazaar CC t/a Organic Choice, a company registered in the Republic of South Africa under company registration number 2009/206898/23, which has its registered address at Corner Lenchen Ave North & Embankment Road, Centurion 0046, Gauteng
- Organic Choice hereby elects Corner Lenchen Ave North & Embankment Road, Centurion 0046, Gauteng, as its domicilium citandi et executandi for the service of all formal notices and legal processes emanating from these Terms and Conditions (“legal address”). Organic Choice may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
- You hereby elect the delivery address specified with your order as your domicilium citandi et executandi, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving Organic Choice not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
- Notices must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post or email and must be drafted in English. All notices sent –
- by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
- by prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 30 days after the date of posting;
- by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification.
- In terms of point 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (ECT) 25 of 2002 and the common law of contract, these terms and conditions are valid, binding and enforceable against all persons that access the Organic Choice website. We may from time-to-time update or change terms without notice. You should check the terms and conditions periodically, as your continued use of the website will mean that you have accepted any revised terms.
- This agreement and the use of this website are governed by the laws of South Africa. Non-residents may use our website in order to make online purchases provided that the delivery address is in South Africa or outside of South Africa.
- You may browse or use our website for your own personal, private, educational, non-commercial and information purposes only. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent.
- We reserve the right to restrict use and access to our website or part thereof in the event of any unauthorised use; suspend our website or any part thereof; terminate an account at any time if we believe that the information supplied by the user is false or incomplete.
Registration & use of the website
- Only registered consumers may place orders for Goods & Services on Organic Choice’s Website.
- You agree that your username and password shall:
- Only be used for personal use; and
- not to disclose any information by you to any third party.
- For security purposes and your consumer protection you agree that failing to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods or Services, will result in you beeing denied access.
- Further you agree that, once your correct username and password have been entered and an order placed, you will be liable for payment of such order, unless the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You undertake to notify Organic Choice immediately upon gaining knowledge of or reasonably suspecting any fraudulent use of your username and password and to take reasonable steps to mitigate any loss or harm.
- By using the Website, you warrant that you are of 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and possess full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen), then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised Organic Choice representative.
2.1 We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as physical address and postcode, preferences and interests; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. We will, of course, only contact you if you have given us your express permission to do so.
- By providing your personal information on any of our online environments you agree to the following terms: I understand that by providing my personal details, I am agreeing to Organic Bazaar CC t/a Organic Choice processing my information in order for me to have an enhanced shopping experience. I also agree that the information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose of which it was collected for and/or as per law requirements of storing collected data and that Organic Bazaar CC t/a Organic Choice is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of my personal information at all times.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
- The use of the Organic Choice’s Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the website.
- Whilst Organic Choice takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, Organic Choice makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website.
- Any views or statements made or expressed in writing or any other form placed on the Website are not necessarily the views and constitution of Organic Choice, its directors, employees and/or agents which are associated with Organic Choice.
- In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, Organic Choice also makes no warranty or representation whatsoever, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses or harmful data files. Organic Choice thus renounces all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever emanating from your access to or use of the Website.
- We will use reasonable channels to maintain the availability and stability of the Website, save for during scheduled maintenance periods, and Organic Choice is entitled to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you of any kind.
- Any failure to adhere to the Terms and Conditions will entitle Organic Choice to deny or suspend your access to the website;
- At any time, you can choose to stop using the Website, with or without notice to Organic Choice.
- 3.1 We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and only used for its intended purpose.
- We will guarantee not to retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally deemed to be needed, save for we are so required by law.
- Whilst Organic Choice will undertake to do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, however we cannot guarantee or accept any liability of any kind for any unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
All intellectual property on the website, including but not limited to content, trademark, trade names, logos, pictures, videos, downloads, domain names, patents, design elements, software, source code, meta tags, databases, text, graphics, icons and hyperlinks are the property of the registered owners and as such, are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation and treaties. No person may use logos, icons or trademarks from the website as hyperlinks or for other purposes without the owners’ consent.
Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, if applicable, and as far as allowed by law, Organic Choice will not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of any nature incurred by whomever resulting from access or use of our website or the purchase of any of our products or services. You hereby agree, to the extent permitted by law, to indemnify us against any loss, damage or claim that we may suffer as a result of your use of our website and/or its contents contrary to these terms.
- 6.1 A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- 6.2 We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- 6.3 Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Orders & Returns
1. Description of the goods and services: Organic Bazaar t/a Organic Choice is a company trading with organic and natural products in cosmetics, personal care and hygiene, baby and men, nutrition and food, and household products.
2. Availability of products: Please, note that due to the nature of the natural and organic products, some items might not be available from time to time from the manufacturer due to shortage of specific organic ingredients. If such a situation arises we will notify you immediately and offer a similar product or delayed delivery of your order or refund the price of this specific product.
3. Colours, specifications and dimensions of products: We have taken every reasonable effort to display the colours, specifications and dimensions of items on the website as accurately as possible. The colours you see will depend on the resolution of your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display will reflect accurately the colour of the item delivered. Slight variations may occur.
We may from time to time vary the dimensions, specifications and quantities of items displayed on our website without prior notice.
Packaging may vary from that shown. The weights, dimensions and capacities given are approximate only.
4. Cancellation: A cancellation of an order can be made within 24 hours after placing it. It must be done in written via e-mail. If proof of payment is not received within 5 days after placing an order, the order will be automatically cancelled. If a payment is made the order cannot be cancelled.
5. Return/refund policy: Returns and refunds are allowed in the following cases:
a) If a wrong item is received you must notify us within 24 hours of receiving it via e-mail or fax. Arrangements to collect the wrong one and deliver the correct one will be made and it will be at our cost.
b) If a damaged or broken product is received you must notify us immediately via e-mail. We will arrange for the damaged or broken product to be collected and replaced with new one at our cost.
c) Please, note that late delivery is not a ground for return or refund.
d) If you wish to return a product for some other reasons, you can do so within 5 days of receiving it. You must inform us via e-mail or fax with proving the reason for requesting a return. We will decide upon receipt of your request to accept it or not. If a return is arranged, the product must be in original sealed package (not used) and delivery cost for returning will be your responsibility. We will take it further with the manufacturer/supplier and it will be manufacturer’s/supplier’s discretion to refund. We will not make refunds unless manufacturer/supplier approves one. Organic Bazaar may, however, offer you a similar product.
Payment & Delivery
1. Delivery policy: Organic Choice offers the following delivery options to its customers:
1.1. Courier service: Organic Choice uses the services of few courier companies in order to provide the best possible rates to our customers. Courier rates are based on destination and total weight. Exact amounts will be calculated and displayed by our online system during check out process.Organic Choice reserves the right to change the courier service fees without prior notice, subject to Courier Companies policy. Please note the Courier deliveries are made during work days and normal office hours.
1.2. Collection at our premises: For customers who wish to collect personally his/her orders our physical address will be provided after prior arrangement with by e-mail. Our shop premises are located at Organic Choice Health Shop Corner Lenchen Avenue North & Embankment road, Centurion 0046, Gauteng, South Africa.
Please, note that payment has to be arrange prior of collection. We prefer electronic type of payments, but if cash payment is chosen – a prior arrangement (via e-mail or fax) is required so the order can be prepared and packed in time for the collection.
1.3. International deliveries: For orders outside of South Africa the delivery will be arranged via DHL Couriers. International rates are based on country and size and total weight of the parcel. During the check-out process our system will display exact amount calculated on the total weight and size of the parcel.
2. Free Delivery options: Organic Choice offers free delivery options for South Africa only. Those deals may vary and will be different depending on the area. No free delivery options are available for international orders.
3. Delivery time: Processing of orders will be done within 24 – 48 hours of receiving them, but parcels will only be dispatched after proof of payment or actual payment is received. No sms notifications or screenshots are accepted as proof of payment. For online payments with credit cards no proof of payment is required.
Please, note that our general delivery time is 3 to 7 working days, subject to availability of products from manufacturers/ distributors. Although the courier service offers overnight deliveries, we cannot guarantee that certain product will be available from the manufacturer/ supplier or that manufacturer/supplier will provide requested products for immediate collection. Therefore we cannot offer overnight delivery. During December holiday season most manufacturers/suppliers require longer time for processing orders, which might make our delivery time longer. We will make every effort to stock the most popular items to avoid any inconvenience to our customers.
Gift packs, however, will be stocked in advance and available for express delivery, subject to availability.
Take note, that delivery to be finalized means that anyone present at the delivery address provided can sign for the parcel.
If the delivery address is unattended when delivery is attempted it will be Courier discretion to leave a message and try to schedule a second attempt to deliver, subject to Courier’s terms and conditions.
For international deliveries time varies 1 to 6 weeks depending on customs and health regulations at destination.