Ingredients: Organic Neem oil (Melia Azadirachta Seed oil)
Certified organic BCS Oeko-garantie GmbH ZA-BIO-615
Note: Do not ingest. For external use only.
Directions to use:
• Cuts, wounds, minor skin disorders, and mosquito and insect repellent: Mix with Vaseline or carrier oil in a ratio of 1:5 and apply to the affected area.
• Athlete’s foot: Add 15 ml to warm water and soak the feet in this preparation.
• Head lice: Mix 50/50 with a carrier oil and massage into the hair and scalp. Leave on for 1 hour and shampoo. Repeat once weekly for 3 weeks or as long as the problem persists.
• Plant protection: mix 1 tsp Neem oil in 1 litre of warm water and 1/4 tsp. dishwashing liquid. Shake well to mix properly and spray on indoor and outdoor plants. Spray the mixture on top of all the leaves and on the undersides where insects often hide, even around the roots.
This mixture may be used for spraying pets and livestock for controlling ticks, fleas, mange mites, and other pests.
• Lamp oil to ward off mosquitoes: Add 5 – 10% oil to any lamp oil and burn the lamp normally.
• Dandruff and itchy scalp: Add a few drops to your regular shampoo.
• Ticks and fleas on animals: Add a few drops to your normal pet shampoo (about 30ml to 240ml shampoo).
• Warts: Apply 1 drop of undiluted oil directly on warts once per day. Watch carefully for any possible irritation, and should that occur discontinue use. Continue for 2-3 weeks.
• Psoriasis, cold sores, eczema, athlete’s foot, skin ulcers, and other fungal skin conditions: Mix 1 tablespoon (15 ml) with 120 ml carrier oil (Jojoba or Grapeseed oil) and apply twice a day to affected skin. Should skin irritation occur, discontinue use, or make a mixture with less Neem oil.
Mix 30ml oil with 3.8 litre water and add a few drops of dishwashing liquid (to emulsify the oil). Place mixture into a spray bottle or other type of sprayer, and spray animals once every two weeks.
• Cleaning the house: Add to carpet shampoos and spray mattresses to kill dust mites.
• Hand wash: Add a couple of drops to liquid hand soap for antibacterial properties.
Note: Neem oil has a rather strong garlic/sulphur smell and it will be good to add a few drops of favourite essential oil (lavender, lemongrass, etc) to mask the smell.
Storage: Store in a cool dark place, away from sunlight. Neem Oil will solidify at a temperature below 20 degrees Celsius. To liquefy it again, just put the container into a bowl with warm (not boiling) water for few minutes.