- 250g Fresh Dates
- 4 medium ripe Bananas
- 100ml Organic Coconut Oil
- 80g (4 tablespoons) Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) organic Spirulina Powder
- 80g Stone Milled Eureka Cake Flour or Gluten Free flour
- 5ml Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Pecan Nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree.
- Grease a small baking pan, about 25cm x25cm and dust with cacao powder.
- Chop dates and place in a saucepan with about 50ml of water. Cover with lid and using low to medium heat gently warm the dates for a few minutes to soften. Once soft, remove from heat and stir to a jammy paste.
- Mash the banana, add to the dates and mix well.
- Add Coconut Oil, vanilla extract, cacao, Spirulina, flour, salt and mix well.
- Add pecan nuts and blend in completely.
- Place batter into the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes and cut into squares.
- If cut into approximately 5 x 5 squares it should give 25 squares.
- This gives about 1ml Spirulina per square.
Serve with fresh cream or double thick yogurt and fresh berries.