Kids approved Healthy Muffins Recipe – a yummy snack for kids of all ages. These soft, moist and delicious muffins contain no refined sugar – the sweetness comes from mashed banana.
SUGAR FREE MUFFINS
- 1 cup plain Cake or Bread Flour
- 1 large Banana
- 1 tsp Aluminium Free Baking powder
- 3 tbs Double Thick Yogurt
- 1 organic egg
- 1/8 cup melted organic butter (30g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
1. Sift the flour and add it to a mixing bowl with the baking powder.
2. Beat the egg until foamy, then add the yogurt and mix together until you get a smooth paste.
3. Add the melted and cooled butter to it, then mash the banana with a fork and add that too.
4. Mix the egg mixture with the Vanilla extract and the flour.
5. Gently mix the ingredients together, making sure you don’t over-beat.
6. Crease a muffin tin with butter, or line with muffin papers and pour the dough. If you like extra decoration, you can sprinkle with some rolled oats or chopped nuts the tops of the muffins.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes of until golden brown.