Ingredients: Green Bananas, Macadamia Oil, Himalayan Salt
- No synthetic flavours
- No syntheric colourant
- No preservatives
- No MSG and other flavour enhancers
- Vegan friendly
- Gluten Free
Directions to use: Eat Green Banana Chips as a healhty, gluten-free snack or as nachos served with salsa & guacamole. Serve with dips or patae. Crush the chips and sprinkle over salads instead of croutons.
Health Benefits of Green Banana:
Green bananas are considered superfoods due to their highly nutritious and contain resistant starch, which acts like a fibre as opposed to a carbohydrate.
- Balances Blood-Sugar Levels: Young bananas are picked before they ripen therefore the sugar content never fully develops. Unlike other starchy ingredients such as pasta and white bread which rapidly digested, get absorbed as glucose into the bloodstream and spike up insulin levels, the RESISTANT STARCH in green bananas slows the release of food through the gut. This slows the insulin response and prevents a sugar spike and consequent sugar crash.
- Helps with Weight-Loss: Lower in calories than most wheat flours and alternatives like oat and almond flour, it’s an excellent choice for those watching their waistlines. Because of its fibre content, it keeps you feeling fuller for longer, making you less likely to reach for that packet of biscuits an hour after lunch. It’s also great for those suffering with diabetes for this very reason.
- High in Fibre: Not just any fibre, but prebiotic fibre. Prebiotic’s support the good bacteria present in the gut, bowel, and colon and are far more powerful and beneficial for our bellies than probiotics as they act as a fertiliser for existing good flora, helping them to grow and work more effectively. This can help with everything from poor digestion to IBS, and it can even help you get a flatter stomach.
- Seriously Nutritious: High in essential minerals and vitamins including zinc, vitamin E, magnesium, and manganese, green bananas are also abundant in potassium – so much so that just two tablespoons with green banana flour contain the same amount as seven whole bananas! It also helps lower cholesterol, boosts heart health, and aids nerve and muscle activity.
- Gluten-Free: So if you’re gluten-intolerant, green-banana chips and/or flour are also grain-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and soy-free, making it perfect for vegans and those on the Paleo diet.