60 veggie capsules
Astragalus Root 50mg
Arjuna Bark 50mg
Boswellia Serratta 50mg
Directions to use: Take 2 capsules daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner
More about the ingredients:
- Astralagus Root: A clinical study of astragalus’s preventing the recurrence of asthma in children found that Astragalus played a role in preventing the recurrence of asthma. The combination of astragalus and hormones showed better effects.
- Chaparral is used by the Native Americans for lung detoxification and respiratory support. Chaparral contains powerful antioxidants that resist irritation and NDGA which is known to fight histamine response. Chaparral supports respiratory problems by encouraging an expectorant action to clear airways of mucus. Chaparral is also an herb that fights harmful organisms.
- Boswellia Serratta can play a role in reducing leukotrienes, which causes bronchial muscles to contract. A study of the herb’s effect on bronchial asthma found that patients who took boswellia experienced decreased asthma symptoms and asthma indicators. This 1998 German study showed the herb could play an important role in treating bronchial asthma.
- Lobelia contains an alkaloid known as lobeline, which thins mucus, breaks up congestion. Additionally, lobelia stimulates the adrenal glands to release epinephrine, in effect, this relaxes the airways and allows for easier breathing. Lobeline is an alkaloid and the main component behind the Indian tobacco’s lung benefits. It promotes the expulsion of phlegm by loosening and thinning mucus found in the lungs and air passages. Lobeline opens up the airways since it is a bronchodilator. Lobelia Inflata is especially useful for asthma, bronchitis, and other Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPDs). Ironically, Indian tobacco may be used to prevent tobacco withdrawal in people who want to quit smoking.
- Elecampane (Inula helenium) has a relaxing effect on smooth tracheal muscles. There are two active compounds in elecampane root that provide the beneficial effect — inulin, which soothes bronchial passage, and alantolactone, an expectorant with antitussive action. Elecampane can be used as a respiratory tonic and can also help to speed the recovery process for lingering lung infections. It is specific for respiratory conditions with excessive bronchial secretions, such as bronchitis, and for irritation of the trachea and bronchi that results in persistent and irritable coughing. Elecampane exerts a soothing expectorant action, but also acts as an astringent to reduce excess mucous.
- Oregano contains carvacrol and rosmarinic acid. Both compounds are natural decongestants and histamine reducers that have direct, positive benefits on the respiratory tract and nasal passage airflow. Whenever dust, molds, pollen, and toxic gases get into your lungs, your body releases histamine to prevent them from doing any more damage. But as a result, your body develops either allergies or allergy-like symptoms. You start sneezing and coughing, produce more mucus than usual, develop nasal congestion, and have difficulty breathing. Oregano can help reduce the severity of these symptoms because it has rosmarinic acid – a natural antihistamine. The herb also contains thymol, terpenes, and carvacrol which can effectively eradicate fungi and different types of bacteria from your lungs. In addition to its antihistamine, antibacterial, and fungicidal benefits, oregano is a natural decongestant. Research by the ENT Department of the Israel Institute of Technology discovered that oregano – along with other aromatic herbs – improved airflow along the nasal passages. Oregano can therefore assist in clearing out your lungs of any excess mucus.
- Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) is herbal extract that helps strengthen the lungs. Mullein is used by herbal practitioners to clear excess mucus from the lungs, cleanse the bronchial tubes, and reduce inflammation that is present in the respiratory tract. Mullein is a useful remedy for dry, irritated lung conditions or a dry, raspy throat. The leaf is an expectorant and a demulcent which encourages secretions in dry mucus membranes. Mullein is a natural expectorant. It contains saponins which break down mucus in the lungs and airways and reduces nasal congestion. The demulcent effects of the plant are also noteworthy. It has soothing properties which effectively calm irritated lungs and airways caused by exposure to air impurities.
- Arjuna Bark Extract improves heart function and increases circulation throughout the body and lungs. The increased circulation delivers more oxygen throughout the body.
Did you know?
Our lungs are capable of incredible feats as they are vital body parts. The average adult can take in as much as 6 litres of air and breathe a total of 11,000 litres every day. Besides being able to inflate and deflate like balloons, the internal surface of the lungs can stretch up to 100 square meters when fully expanded. The lungs absorb oxygen from the air we breathe so that our body could make use of it. Without oxygen, we couldn’t possibly survive!
It’s quite unfortunate that our lungs are so easily abused. Smokers expose their lungs to tar and thousands of toxic chemicals with their bad habit. Even people who don’t smoke unknowingly inhale poisonous fumes, radioactive gases, and other pollutants.
Smoking can damage the lungs and affect lung capacity, making it difficult to breathe. The lungs contain tiny air sacs called alveoli where oxygen is transferred from inhaled air to the blood. When these air sacs are damaged by smoking, the lungs and heart must work harder to take in oxygen, which can lead to shortness of breath. Pulmo-Fast helps heal your lungs and increases lung capacity after smoking.
Asthma is a chronic disease of the airways that makes breathing difficult. With asthma, there is inflammation of the air passages that results in a temporary narrowing of the airways that carry oxygen to the lungs. This results in asthma symptoms, including coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness.