What is Fulvic Acid?
Fulvic acid is a naturally occurring organic compound usually found in soil and plants. It is the end product of the natural humification process, i.e. decomposition of the once living matter, especially plants, by microbial activity over millions of years. As a product of long and slow transformation process, Fulvic Acid contains all phytochemical substances, amino acids, amino sugars, peptides, nucleic acids, etc. in a highly concentrated and refined state.
Fulvic Acid’s name derives from Latin fulvus, indicating its deep yellow, reddish yellow, golden or tawny colour.
The key function of Fulvic Acid is to dissolve elemental minerals present in the soil both metallic in origin, or shell-, rock-, and clay-based, and convert them into a form usable by plants, but also by humans and animals. In order to make the best use of the essential nutrients, minerals and vitamins, they must be transformed from its chemical form in to a functioning constituent of the active live organism, i.e. become a live functioning part of a bone, a heart, a brain or bloodstream, in other words: they must become bioavailable. There’s evidence that many, possibly all essential nutrients have a very limited bioavailability in their pure chemical form and only become bioavailable when they are ingested as part of a natural substance in which they occur alongside multitude of other natural substances. All these substances create a synergistic environment for the nutrients to maximise their absorption and to turn into a live functioning part of your body, and Fulvic Acid is one of the key ingredients of such environment.
When inorganic minerals come into contact with Fulvic Acid in the presence of water, they are dissolved into an ionic form and incorporated into the Fulvic Acid complexes, becoming an inherent part of the Fulvic Acid itself. In this form they become highly bioactive and bioavailable to the living cell of our bodies. Fulvic Acid is the only element capable of making nutrients bioactive on the cellular level and is thus recognized for its ability to balance and energize cell life and biological processes.
Chemically, Fulvic Acid is a natural, water-soluble, acidic organic polymer, one of the several subclasses of Humic Acid. Its average composition is: Carbon (44-49%), Hydrogen (3-5%), Oxygen (44-49%), and Nitrogen (2-4%). Fulvic Acid has a low molecular weight and is biologically very active. Because of its low molecular weight, it has the ability to readily bond minerals and elements into its molecular structure, causing them to dissolve and become mobilised Fulvic complexes. Fulvic acid typically carries more than 70 different minerals and trace elements and in this form they are naturally ready to be absorbed by living cells. The absorption factor of fulvic-bonded minerals greatly exceeds traditional tablet supplements.
No wonder that Fulvic Acid is often called “missing link” to optimum health and nutrition, Mother Nature’s “milk” nourishing our bodies and boosting our immunity, the nutritional breakthrough of the 21st century or Mother Nature’s miracle molecule.
In the words of Dr William R. Jackson, PhD, an author, educator, researcher and entrepreneur, who dedicated himself to improving the lives of Earth’s inhabitants: “If the Creator felt that it was necessary to design something to solve multiple problems, and if this Creator wanted to show us the magic and miracle of pulling ‘rabbits from a hat’, then an outstanding job was done with the design of fulvic acids!”
Where is Fulvic Acid originating from and why do we desperately need it?
Fulvic Acid is an organic material created over the long passage of time by the action of microbes breaking down dead and dying vegetable mater. Thus, it is largely found in pre-historic deposits of lignite, a soft, brown coal, that has developed from peat through bacterial action over millions of years. Smaller quantities of Fulvic Acid are also found in natural soil. From the ancient remains we know that long ago plant life flourished in an environment abundant with Fulvic Acid and it seems that most of plants and food crops of today must contain at least some of those riches, but in reality few do.
Today, our soil provide less and less natural nutrition, especially minerals, to the plants and food crops, due to prolonged poor agricultural practices, such as excessive use of chemical fertilisers, insecticides, pesticides, and herbicides, and the resulting erosion and mineral depletion. Quantity and quick time to market are driving modern farmers to produce ever increasing volumes of food critically lacking in organic trace elements and other nutritional factors, but full of chemical residues, In turn we are deprived of adequate natural supplies, including Fulvic Acid quantities that the Nature intended for us to have, which would otherwise be available to us through plants we eat.
Doctors and scientists have identified at least 90 different nutrients in our diet, which must be continuously supplied to the body to sustain healthy live. These nutrients include over 59 minerals and trace elements, 12 amino acids, three essential fatty acids, 17 vitamins and other nutritional elements – and we are simply not getting them today in our food. In order to obtain these nutrients we would need to have access to over 50 diverse sources of food every week! Even if some of us might be lucky enough to have a budget for such exercise, its practicality is close to impossible. The only alternative is to supplement our diets with nutritional substances such as antioxidant, vitamins and minerals.
But attempts at re-mineralisation of our bodies without Fulvic Acid that should be contained in the plants we eat are of little benefit. There’s a major difference between what the mineral is and what properties it has when it is created in a pure chemical for in a laboratory test tube, and what it actually does I the live body. Chemically derived mineral and vitamin supplements, designed to correct imbalances in our natural, nutrients-starved bodies, aren’t doing the job they are designed for in the first place without synergistic environment of enhancers or inhibitors of the rate of absorption, emulsifiers, chelators, and so on. Fortunately Fulvic Acid supplementation can provide us again with perfect mechanisms to transport vital minerals to living cells in our bodies.
Linus Pauling, the Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry, once said: “You can trace every sickness, every disease, and every ailment to a mineral deficiency.”
What are the benefits of Fulvic Acid?
For some years, Fulvic Acid has gone unnoticed as a potential supplement. Recent research though has uncovered a number of potential benefits:
- Fulvic Acid is termed a super cell conductor – it has the vital capability of realising the potential of all nutrients we consume. When minerals and trace elements from food come into contact with Fulvic Acid, they are dissolved into a form that makes them more active and more available to the body. These minerals fuse with Fulvic Acid and, because of its small molecular size; it has the ability to take these nutrients directly to all the cells of our bodies.
- Additionally, Fulvic Acid makes the cells more permeable and receptive to these nutrients. Essentially, Fulvic Acid mobilizes food to become our medicine. A mineral-rich tide flows continuously through all parts of the body in the form of water, the universal solvent that nourishes as well as carries waste away. Our DNA within cells receive instructions through angstrom sized (1/1000 micron) bio-available minerals. These miniscule minerals are pulled through the cell walls by hydrogen present in water. Most minerals supplements are larger than this size and although they can be transported in the blood stream, they cannot be accessed by the cell. It is Fulvic Acid that carries these minerals into the cells and additionally makes the cells more permeable allowing these minerals to penetrate into the cells where they are utilised for a multitude of processes.
- In addition to enhancing the absorption of vitamins and minerals in our body, Fulvic Acid acts as a catalyst. A catalyst is a compound that facilitates a chemical reaction. There are literally thousands of chemical reactions that take place every minute in our bodies involving enzyme production, the movement of nutrients in and out of our cells, digestion, and so forth. In the vast majority of cases, these reactions could simply not take place at normal body temperature or would take a long period of time. Fulvic acid acts like a catalyst in these reactions facilitating all these processes quickly and effectively.
- Fulvic Acid is a natural, powerful antioxidant and helps to neutralise free radicals. Free radicals are harmful, highly reactive compounds that cause the destruction of soft tissues, encouraging cell mutations altering genes, disrupting chemical and hormonal reactions within our bodies, destroying the optimal functions of our glands and thus making us more susceptible to disease.
- When we ingest food, our digestive system, when at optimum capacity, releases enzymes, which work to break down food efficiently in order to release nutrients from food. Without these enzymes, food would not be broken down, stagnate in the stomach and gut, which would ultimately lead to toxic build-up and eventual death. Fulvic Acid activates these digestive enzymes, which are the life force of our bodies.
- We are all conscious of cleansing our bodies externally and yet few pay attention to internal cleansing. Fulvic Acid is highly effective at neutralising and detoxifying harmful toxins and pollutants including heavy metals such as lead and mercury. Fulvic Acid bonds with these heavy metals, a process called ‘chelation’, and then convert them into inactive compounds, which can be eliminated through normal excretory processes.
- Fulvic acid is reported to increase oxygenation of all the soft tissue within our bodies. Oxygenating the cells is vital because it enhances energy production and counters numerous concerns. In 1931, the Nobel Prize Winner of physiology and medicine, Dr Otto Warburg established that oxygen deprivation was a major cause of cell mutation. Taking Fulvic Acid will help increase the oxygenation of our cells and hopefully protect the genetic material within our cells.
- Iron deficiency, the second most prevalent deficiency in the world, has been shown to be addressed quickly with the use of Fulvic Acid. Unfortunately,Iron is also one of the hardest minerals to metabolise, putting a great burden on the liver, and yet many people take synthetic iron supplements without considering this. Fulvic Acid primes the iron within our food so that it is easily utilized by the body and hence correct deficiencies quickly and safely. This same action helps to correct numerous mineral deficiencies including Magnesium which plays a key role in over 300 biochemical reactions in our bodies.
- Fulvic Acid is considered to be one of the safest and most potent anti-viral substances available today. A generally accepted benefit of Fulvic Acid is that it can be used indefinitely for long periods of time without creating resistance. The implication of using Fulvic Acid for viral infections goes well beyond simply using it for colds and flu.
- When applied externally Fulvic Acid can be used to treat abrasions, open cuts, wounds, leg ulcers insect bites and numerous other skin complaints.
- Athletes’ foot can be avoided as Fulvic Acid displays powerful fungicidal properties and it can also be used to treat fungal toenails, which are very difficult to eradicate using conventional drugs.
- There are many reports on positive benefits of Fulvic Acid on the cardiovascular system whit many reporting control of elevated blood pressure within a few weeks of using Fulvic Acid.
- Other reported benefits of Fulvic Acid include reductions in the inflammatory enzymes produced by the liver, enhanced immunity and restoring electrolyte balance. When the body’s cells are sufficiently nourished, and free from toxins and free radicals, they are able to regenerate efficiently and are also able to detoxify and repair quickly.
- Fulvic Acid provides an optimal nutrition for the sports people along with the potential for improved endurance, decreased recovery times and protection against injury. There is no other nutrient known, which can: reduce the impact of carbon dioxide during sport, reduce the impact of lactic acid during and after, sport, provide optimal protection against the increased production of oxidants, providing the most powerful electrolyte in existence, dissolve silica to maintain strength of joints and connective tissue, provide usable oxygen directly to our cells to accelerate the healing process.
- Fulvic Acid is an essential part of a modern skin therapy course and should now be considered a the first line of defence in skin therapy. When combined with vegetal silica, no other nutrient can provide a powerful anti-inflammatory property which may be effective for eczema, psoriasis and acne, offer anti-bacterial properties to help combat acne, detoxify our cells to ensure that environmental toxins cannot cause skin problems, balance the pH of our bodies, and combine with silica to provide the most effective anti-wrinkle formulation available.
The effects of Fulvic Acid are nothing short of fascination. For all the varying reasons mentioned above, and many more, Fulvic Acid supplementation should be a top priority for modern man.
What can you expect from regular supplementation with Fulvic Acid?
People regularly supplementing with Fulvic Acid have reported great feelings of vitality, improved energy, a stronger immune system and a higher tolerance to stress. The wellness benefits may be felt shortly after you start to supplement your diet with Fulvic Acid but they will truly manifest themselves when it is taken regularly over time. While your body is being restored to its optimum potential you can experience:
- Your body cleansed, purged of toxins, viruses, parasites and pathogens – Fulvic Acid chelates heavy metals and body toxins removing them from the body
- A lasting boost to you immune system, better resistance to infections and diseases
- Better oxygenation and increased circulation
- More balanced blood sugar
- Renewed energy resulting in stronger motivation and improved endurance during sports exercises
- Shorter recovery time between strenuous exercises, less frequent injuries
- Reduced cravings, helping to control unhealthy eating habits
- Increased resistance to colds and flu, falling sick less often
- Less inflammation and free radical damage due to Fulvic Acid being ferocious antioxidant and free radical scavenger
- Quicker recovery from aches and pains
- Rejuvenated skin, hair and nails, more youthful complexion and appearance, slowing down aging factors
- Improved digestion and bowel function
- Improved concentration, better brain and memory functions
- Revitalised libido, better sexual functions and increase sexual desire
If you also use other mineral or vitamin supplements you will notice that they work better when taken in conjunction with Fulvic Acid. Remember: attempts at re-mineralisation of our bodies without Fulvic Acid are of little benefit as we lack an effective mechanism to make the minerals bioavailable to our bodies at the cellular level.
Where can Fulvic Acid assist?
There are medical reports suggesting favourable effects of taking Fulvic Acid while in treatment for:
- Viral infections
- Various cancers
- Eye diseases caused by virus, bacteria of fungus
- Ulcerous wounds, inflammation and haemorrhaging
- Skin ulcers
- Asthma and lung infections
- Chronic bronchitis
- HIV / AID
- Arthritis related autoimmune diseases including: lupus, fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis
How is FulvicForce Fulvic Acid produce?
A number of natural sources may be considered as raw material for the manufacture of Fulvic Acid based products. Leonardite is the best source material for Fulvic Acid. It is an oxidation product of lignite, associated with near-surface mining. Some types of brown coals are also considered excellent source of concentrated Fulvic acid.
FulvicForce Fulvic Acid is produced from a particular type of fulvic-acid-rich South African lignite as raw material. This material contains millions of years of refining and accumulation of nutrients and minerals just waiting to be extracted in Fulvic acid.
FulvicForce introduces a finely ground raw material into a closed reactor vessel and oxidase the coal with acidic or basic oxidising agent to cause an exothermic chemical reaction, which forms a reaction product. This patented process generates temperatures in excess of 400 degrees Celsius and takes about 20 hours to consume all reaction substrates, before the the concentrated fulvic acid can be tapped off.
FulvicForce uses only stainless steel reactors to make sure that FulvicForce product is clean, concentrated and of the highest possible quality. Their fulvic acid is manufactured according to good manufacturing practises (GMP) required in order to conform to guidelines recommended by agencies that control authorisation and licensing for manufacture and sale of food, drug products, and active pharmaceutical products. These guidelines provide minimum requirements that a pharmaceutical or a food manufacturer must meet to assure that the products are of high quality and do not pose risk to the consumer or public.
To ensure that FulvicForce product is clear from all coal particles, it is put through a purpose-designed filtration system, making certain that the valuable nutrients and minerals are not in any way being lost, but still available in final Fulvic Acid product which offer a full spectrum of amazing benefits to human bodies. FulvicForce then bottles the freshly produced Fulvic Acid in glass bottles to make sure the goodness is best preserved and ready for use.
Article is courtesy of FulvicForce.