Ingredients: Vanilla synthesis
Country of origin: South Africa
Directions for use: Vanilla oil can be used in a diffuser, in a bath or topically in beauty formulations. Always dilute with a carrier oil.
Warning: Do not take internally. Keep away from children and the eyes. Do not use undiluted on the skin.
More about Vanilla oil:
Vanilla is a vine tree which is native to Mexico. The Spanish conquistador Cortés introduced vanilla to Europe in 1520. It is now widely grown in Indonesia and Madagascar.
Vanilla has been used for thousands of years by both men and women to help with loss of libido, to treat anxiety, as well as depression.
Vanilla oil is not technically an essential oil as it cannot be extracted by regular cold-pressed or steam distillation methods. The Vanilla oil is extracted from pods of Vanilla panifolia plant either via alcohol, solvent or CO2 supercritical extractions.
Benefits of Vanilla oil:
- Rich in antioxidants which can help to defend the body against free radicals and prevent cell damage.
- May increase libido and help with loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, and impotence as it helps to stimulate the secretion of testosterone and estrogen.
- May aid in relieving symptoms of PMS such as bloating, fatigue, skin problems, breast tenderness, cramps, and emotional changes as it helps to balance hormones.
- Believed to has an anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Vanilla has a calming effect on the brain that can aid in relieving insomnia, anger, stress, and anxiety.
- Has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Strong antioxidant properties
- May help to lower blood pressure due its sedative affects on the mind and body.
Vanilla standard oil blends well with: Orange, Chamomile, Neroli, Lemon, Lavender, and Sandalwood essential oils