One vegetarian capsule provides:
Maca (Lepidium meyenii) 420mg
Other ingredients: Cellulose vegi-capsule
- Vegan Friendly
- No fillers, binders, preservatives or colorants
- Certified Organic by Organic EU and USDA-NOP (Netherlands and USA)
- Certified Kosher by Union Israelita del Peru
Directions to use: As a food supplement take 1 to 3 capsules daily with water before meal times or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Benefits of Maca:
- Optimal functioning of vital organs
- Strengthening the immune system – contains notable levels of vitamin C, Zinc and a host of other beneficial nutrients.
- Menopause symptoms relief – Maca may help the body to normalize oestrogen imbalance in an entirely different way than phytoestrogen herbs. Maca shows potential as natural HRT alternative.
- PMS symptoms relief.
- Increased physical and mental activity – Maca contains complex carbohydrates for more energy.
- Sexual functioning – When the endocrine system maintains testosterone and oestrogen hormones in balanced levels, it notably may improve sexual functioning.
- Fertility Enhancement – Maca stimulates each sex to respond in a gender appropriate manner. In females Maca my help to increase egg follicle maturation and increase the number of follicles. In males, it increases sperm count as well as increased sperm motility.
- Maca have been shown protect cells against oxidative damage.
More facts about Maca powder:
- Dried Maca root contains 59% Carbohydrates; 10.2% protein; 8.5% fibre; and 2.2% lipids including linolenic, palmitic, and oleic acids.
- It contains sterols such as campesterol, stigmasterol, and beta-sitosterol.
- It also contains significant amounts of minerals including iron, calcium and copper.
- Two polyunsaturated fatty acids, macaene and macamide, are used as compounds for maca.
- Lipid extracts of macaene and macamide seem to increase sexual activity and correct erectile dysfunction in experimental animals. The mechanism for this activity is unknown.
- Maca does not appear to significantly affect serum concentrations of reproductive hormones including testosterone, estradiol, and 17-hydroxyprogesterone in healthy men.
- Maca also contains glucosinolates, which might have cancer-protecting properties and central nervous system effects.
- Maca grows in central Peru in the high plateaus of the Andes Mountains. It has been cultivated as a vegetable crop in the Andes Mountains for at least 3000 years. Maca is a relative of the radish and has an odour similar to butterscotch (or horlicks). It was also used to enhance fertility of humans and livestock. Maca is the highest altitude-cultivated crop in the world. At an altitude of 4419.6m above sea level, it grows higher than light planes can legally fly.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers can safely take Maca since it is a safe food vegetable.