When choosing a health supplement for your lifestyle, you need to understand which form will work best for you. Sea moss comes in various forms, each offering a range of benefits and unique features.
Regardless of which form you opt for, sea moss is an incredible supplement that can transform your daily routine and level up your health in a variety of ways.
What Is Sea Moss?
Sea moss, also known as Irish moss, is a type of seaweed that has been used for centuries in various cultures for its numerous health benefits. It is rich in minerals and vitamins, making it a popular ingredient in different dishes, drinks, and skincare products.
There are several forms of sea moss available on the market, each with its own unique characteristics and uses.
The Organic Choice
At Organic Choice, we supply a few different forms of sea moss, offering this miracle supplement in many ways to cater to a variety of our client’s diverse lifestyles, health needs and preferences.
We’re here to help you explore the different forms of sea moss, learn how to use them and decide which form is best for you.
Sea Moss Form: The Difference
With sea moss coming in a variety of different forms, it can get confusing when choosing which one is best for you. There are a few things to keep in mind when making this decision, such as your individual lifestyle, budget and health needs.
Dried Sea Moss
Dried sea moss is the most common form of sea moss available on the market. It is harvested from the ocean, cleaned, and dried in the sun. Dried sea moss is typically sold in its raw form and needs to be soaked in water before it can be used.
Soaking the sea moss in water for several hours will allow it to expand and soften, making it easier to blend and incorporate into recipes. Dried sea moss can be used in various dishes such as smoothies, soups, stews, and sauces.
Sea Moss Gel
Sea moss gel is a pre-made gelatinous form of sea moss that has already been soaked and blended into a smooth consistency. It is ideal for those who want to skip the soaking and blending process and simply add sea moss to their recipes.
Sea moss gel can be used as a thickening agent in smoothies, shakes, and desserts. It can also be used as a base for face masks and hair treatments.
Sea Moss Powder
Powdered sea moss is a finely ground version of dried sea moss that can be easily mixed into a variety of recipes. It is often used as a natural thickening agent in soups, stews, and sauces. Sea moss powder can also be added to smoothies, teas, and other drinks for an added nutritional boost.
Sea Moss Capsules
Sea moss in capsule form is a convenient way to consume sea moss without worrying about the taste or texture. Sea moss capsules are made by grinding dried sea moss into a fine powder and encapsulating it in a gelatin or vegan capsule. Sea moss capsules can be taken as a daily supplement to provide the body with essential minerals and vitamins.
The ease and appeal of sea moss capsules is that the sea moss has been cleaned and pulverised for you, conveniently packed into capsules you can take daily. These sea moss capsules are a more expensive option as the sea moss has been cleaned, prepared and dehydrated for you.
Our Take On How To Prepare & Clean Sea Moss
Preparing your own sea moss gel might seem difficult and laborious at first, but it is surprisingly easy. All you need is your dried sea moss, water, and a couple of dishes to get started, so let’s jump right in:
Preparing Sea Moss Gel
- Using the brand we supply, the packaged dried sea moss comes in 100g – we recommend taking around a quarter of it. Upon opening it you will notice it is quite hard and dehydrated; make sure to break the pieces up and submerge them into purified water in a deep dish. You don’t have to fill the entire container; ensure all the pieces of sea moss are covered. Leave it to sit for a couple of hours; you will notice how it rehydrates and expands over this time.
- When done, throw out the used water after a couple of hours, and then rinse the hydrated sea moss out to remove any dirt or debris. Repeat this process, putting the sea moss back into the container and submerging it in clean water for a few more hours. Usually, two or three hours at a time would suffice.
- Remove the water and drain the expanded rehydrated sea moss. Rinse it out again to remove any dirt or sand, leaving you with your rehydrated and cleaned sea moss.
- Cover with purified water again and let sit for another two hours. You will notice the sea moss has now expanded about three times the initial volume.
- After two hours, blend the water and sea moss mixture in a blender. If it is too thick, you can add some water to thin it out to your preferred consistency.
- The original one-quarter amount of the 100g packet will make around two or three jars of sea moss gel. When kept in the fridge in airtight jars, it can keep for roughly a month.
What To Consider
It must be noted that this whole process of preparing dried sea moss to make sea moss gel can take around a day or roughly half a day if you commit to just focusing on this process.
This option is a cheaper alternative to the prepared sea moss gel. Besides the dried sea moss being cheaper, sea moss gel is still our best seller due to the convenience and ease of having the sea moss cleaned, hydrated and prepared for you. The Choice is yours based on what meets your needs, lifestyle and budget.
An Ending Note
As a supplement, sea moss is a versatile compound that can be used in many forms to enhance your health and nutrition. Regardless of which form you prefer, you reap the benefits of the supplement and enable yourself to augment your health on a daily basis.
All the different sea moss forms offer their own positive aspects and potential drawbacks; it is all about finding which form works best for you. Dried sea moss, sea moss gel, powdered sea moss, or sea moss capsules, are all great ways to incorporate this nutrient-rich seaweed into your diet.